Propositions for MUSICA NOVA 2023
You can register and send the fee now!
- The competition MUSICA NOVA was for the first time realized in 1969.
- Composers are invited to submit their works of electro-acoustic music (EAM) created after 1st January 2020. We place emphasis on the inner meaningfulness of the composition.
- Category A is open to compositions of autonomous art EAM or only one independent movement.
- Category B is open to compositions of autonomous art EAM or only one independent movement, for acoustic instrument/voice/ensemble and electronic media (live electronics included). Send a complete version of the composition, please, not only EA part. Incomplete compositions will be excluded.
- Category C "wild card" is open to authors who have doubts about the classification into category.
- Each composer may submit only one entry to each category in duration of no longer than 20 minutes, and the work may not have been awarded a prize in another competition, nor been submitted to previous MUSICA NOVA competitions.
- Competition entries in both categories must be submitted with the name of the composer specified.
- Members of the jury cannot take part in the competition.
- The jury of the competition shall be appointed by the leadership of the Society for Electro-acoustic Music and composed of leading composers of electro-acoustic compositions, musicologists, critics, and recording engineers specializing in the electro-acoustic music field.
- The recording have to be uploaded to the server musicanova.seah.cz or send electronically another way till 2023-10-31:
- Entries into categories A and B shall be accompanied by a score (if necessary), technical and artistic description, name of studio where work was produced, their durata, graphs, etc., to be judged by the jury
- Entries into categories A and B shall be accompanied by a brief artist statement, short biography, nationality, address, telephone number, e-mail (attached form), see attached form
- N.B: You can register electronically on musicanova.seah.cz and upload your composition (in MP3, aif, wav format) on the server for better preparation working of jury. Your composition will be accessible only for you and jury
- The entry fee for each composition is 35 € (or equivalent). If you register electronically, you can pay on-line via paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Way of payment: IBAN: CZ48 0800 0000 0000 1404 5349, BIC: GIBACZPX, address of the bank: Ceska sporitelna, a.s., Sladkovského nám. 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Please, address your documentation to the address of Arts and Theatre Institute, Celetná 17, 110 00 Prague 1 to the name of L. Dohnalová. If your transfer charges would be too expensive, write to: email@example.com, please.
If your transfer charges would be to expensive, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please.
- The audio recordings entered in the competition shall not be returned to the composers and shall remain in the Society for Electro-acoustic Music archives.
- By entering his/her work in the competition, the composer provides the license to publish his work at the non-profit concerts of SEAH, streaming on the web site Musica nova (in mp3), publishing one year on the Youtube channel Musica nova, and / or radio broadcasting / EBU linked to the Musica nova brand.
- Prizes shall be awarded for the winning entries after the jury has announced its verdict, which cannot be appealed. The jury can decide to either combine, divide or not award some of the prizes.
- Prizes in Categories A, B and C include: First Prizes, Honorable Mentions and Special Prizes for Czech composer.
- All entrants shall be notified of the verdict by the jury on the awarding of prizes and honorable mentions by 30 November 2023.
- Awarded compositions will be presented during the Concert of laureats in December 2023 in Prague (via off and/or on version).
Official address: Society for Electroacoustic Music, Jeronýmova 7, Praha 3, 130 00, Czech Republic
Mailing address: Lenka Dohnalová, Kpt. Stránského 8, Praha 4, 114 00, Czech Republic
Director of the competition: Lenka Dohnalová, Ph.D. - tel. +420 778 484 218, email@example.com