Propositions for MUSICA NOVA 2020
Sorry but the registration is closed for this year!
- The competition MUSICA NOVA was for the first time realized in 1969.
- Composers, irregardless of their age and nationality are invited to submit their works of electro-acoustic music/sonic art created after 1st January 2017.
- Category A is open to compositions of autonomous art electro-acoustic music (format of studio music), or only one independent movement.
- Category B is open to compositions of autonomous art electro-acoustic music, or only one independent movement, in the format of live electronic music, acoustic instrument/voice/ensemble plus electronic media. Send one of realized complete version of the composition, sent only electro-acoustic without the instrumental or voice part will be excluded.
- Each composer may submit only one entry to each category in duration of no longer than 20 minutes, and the work may not have been awarded a prize in another competition, nor been submitted to previous MUSICA NOVA competitions.
- Competition entries in both categories must be submitted with the name of the composer specified.
- Members of the jury cannot take part in the competition.
- The jury of the competition shall be appointed by the leadership of the Society for Electro-acoustic Music and composed of leading composers of electro-acoustic compositions, musicologists, critics, and recording engineers specializing in the electro-acoustic music field.
- All materials should be received (uploaded) to the November 10th 2020:
Lenka Dohnalová - Arts and Theatre Institute, Celetná 17, 110 00 PRAHA 1, Czech Republic
- Entries into category A and B, recorded on a sophisticated technical level and in stereo /or format 5.1/ could be submitted in the medium of CD or DVD, and indexed by absolute time or upload on ftp server musicanova.seah.cz (registration).
- Entries into categories A and B shall be accompanied by a score (if necessary), technical and artistic description, name of studio where work was produced, their durata, graphs, etc., to be judged by the jury
- Entries into categories A and B shall be accompanied by a brief artist statement, short biography, nationality, address, telephone number, e-mail (attached form), see attached form
- N.B: You can register electronically on musicanova.seah.cz and upload your composition (in MP3 format) on the FTP server for better preparation working of jury. Your composition will be accessible only for you and jury.
- The entry fee for each composition is 35 € (or equivalent). If you register electronically, you can pay on-line via paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Way of payment: IBAN: CZ48 0800 0000 0000 1404 5349, BIC: GIBACZPX, address of the bank: Ceska sporitelna, a.s., Sladkovského nám. 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Please, hold the distinction of address postal for sending CD (Lenka Dohnalová - Arts and Theatre Institute, Celetná 17, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic) and address official that could be write on the bank order or checks /SEAH, Jeronýmova 7, 130 00 Prague 3/. If your transfer charges would be to expensive, write to: email@example.com, please.
- The audio recordings entered in the competition shall not be returned to the composers and shall remain in the Society for Electro-acoustic Music archives.
- By entering his/her work in the competition, the composer consents to public performances free of charge of his/her work in concerts and/or radio broadcasting. The composer retains the copyright.
- Prizes shall be awarded for the winning entries after the jury has announced its verdict, which cannot be appealed. The jury can decide to either combine, divide or not award some of the prizes.
- Prizes in Categories A and B include: First Prizes (equivalent of 15 000 Kč), Honorable Mentions and Special Prizes for Czech composer.
- All entrants shall be notified of the verdict by the jury on the awarding of prizes and honorable mentions by 30 November 2020.
- Awarded compositions will be presented during the award concert in December 2020 in Prague and reprises in 2021.
- The awarded compositions will be performed in concerts organized by the Society for Electro-acoustic Music and broadcast by radio, also sent to EBU. The outcome of the competition will be published in the network of International Music Council too.
Official address of the organiser: Society for Electroacoustic Music, Jeronýmova 7, 130 00 PRAGUE 3, Czech Republic
Director of the competition: Lenka Dohnalová, Ph.D. - tel. +420 778 484 218, firstname.lastname@example.org